sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012

Extractos de Libros "The Fault in Our Stars" de John Green.



*Mis disculpas por no traducir estos fragmentoses que estoy muy cansada y no estoy de humor para el inglés, igual el libro usa un ingles muy básico =D


1
“I glanced around and saw that a tall, curvy brunette girl had Isaac pinned against the stone wall of the church, kissing him rather aggressively. They were close enough to me that I could hear the weird noises of their mouths together, and I could hear him saying, “Always”, and her saying, “Always”, in return.
Suddenly standing next to me, Augustus half whispered,
–They’re big believers in PDA.
–What’s with the ‘always’?– The slurping sounds intensified.
–Always is their thing. They’ll always love each other and whatever. I would conservatively estimate they have texted each other the word always four million times in the last year.”

2
“My favorite book, by a wide margin, was An Imperial Affliction, but I didn’t like to tell people about it. Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can’t tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.

3
“Desperately Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home
One swing set, well worn but structurally sound, seeks new home. Make memories with your kid or kids so that someday he or she or they will look into the backyard and feel the ache of sentimentality as desperately as I did this afternoon. It’s all fragile and fleeting, dear reader, but with this swing set, your child(ren) will be introduced to the ups and downs of human life gently and safely, and may also learn the most important lesson of all: No matter how hard you kick, no matter how high you get, you can’t go all the way around.”

4
“–Nostalgia is a side effect of cancer,– I told him.
–Nah, nostalgia is a side effect of dying,– he answered. Above us, the wind blew and the branching shadows rearranged themselves on our skin. Gus squeezed my hand.
–It is a good life, Hazel Grace.”

5
“ –But I will say this: When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him.–
I was kind of crying by then.
–And then, having made my rhetorical point, I will put my robot eyes on, because I mean, with robot eyes you can probably see through girls’ shirts and stuff. Augustus, my friend, Godspeed.”


“–Hazel,– my dad said. –Can I come in?–
I didn’t answer, but after a while I unlocked the door. I sat down on the closed toilet seat. Why did breathing have to be such work? Dad knelt down next to me. He grabbed my head and pulled it into his collarbone, and he said,
–I’m sorry Gus died.–
I felt kind of suffocated by his T-shirt, but it felt good to be held so hard, pressed into the comfortable smell of my dad. It was almost like he was angry or something, and I liked that, because I was angry, too.
–It’s total bullshit,– he said. –The whole thing. Eighty percent survival rate and he’s in the twenty percent? Bullshit. He was such a bright kid. It’s bullshit. I hate it. But it was sure a privilege to love him, huh?–
I nodded into his shirt.
–Gives you an idea how I feel about you,– he said.”


“After my PET scan lit up, I snuck into the ICU and saw her while she was unconscious. I just walked in behind a nurse with a badge and I got to sit next to her for like ten minutes before I got caught. I really thought she was going to die before I could tell her that I was going to die, too. It was brutal: the incessant mechanized haranguing of intensive care. She had this dark cancer water dripping out of her chest. Eyes closed. Intubated. But her hand was still her hand, still warm and the nails painted this almost black dark blue and I just held her hand and tried to imagine the world without us and for about one second I was a good enough person to hope she died so she would never know that I was going, too. But then I wanted more time so we could fall in love. I got my wish, I suppose. I left my scar.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Espero que disfruten de mis entradas, las publico con mucho cariño para todos. Y recuerden, este blog se alimenta de comentarios ;D